HRFleur

Hello,
When using the set Atlas Pages functions with Atlas object reference, the runtime code changes the SpineAtlasAsset file in the project folder directly. I want to have multiple characters using same skeletal data, but each initialized to different atlas textures, and they should not affect each other.

I tried to construct atlas asset with the construct object node, but spine gives me loading error. How can I achieve the desired effect?

This is a multiplayer game. Players are allowed to change clothes and weapons. Skins will be expended. This will create lots of combinations and using skins in the spine project is not a good option.

Edit: Is the atlas asset object a shared reference for multiple actor's spine skeletal component with same atlas file? If not I may just modify which file an atlas load directly at runtime for each actor.
HRFleur

Mario

The SpineAtlasAsset can only really be constructed from .atlas and their corresponding .png files. An SpineAtlasAsset will be shared across all the actors that reference it in their SpineSkeletonAnimationComponent.

Your use case is exactly what skins are for. Can you explain why skins do not work for your use case?
Mario

Mario

HRFleur

Weapon skins will be largely expended in the future shared across all characters. Better to allow universal changes to file path directly in the engine.

---

Solved.
I just changed USpineSkeletonRendererComponent::UpdateRenderer from using atlasPages to my own texture2D array variable.
HRFleur

Return to Runtimes