x56sandmanx

During build time in WebGL, the window "BuildPlayerWindow.OnGUI.mouseUp" will pop up and remain the task from anywhere to 8-12 minutes before actually starting the build. This was not happening before importing spine into my project, and started occuring every time i build after importing spine. Just wondering if anyone else had had this problem or not. Build still works and builds, just will get stuck on this first step first for about 10 minutes. Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
x56sandmanx

Harald

Sorry to hear! Which version of the spine-unity runtime (name of the unitypackage, also listed in Assets/Spine/version.txt) are you using?

If you are using a rather recent version of the spine-unity runtime, could you perhaps send us a minimal Unity project that still shows this issue? You can send it as a zip package to contact@esotericsoftware.com, briefly mentioning this forum thread URL so that we know the context. Then we can have a look at what's going wrong.
Harald

Harri

x56sandmanx

Package version: spine-unity-4.0-2022-06-09.unitypackage and I am using Unity 2020.3.23f1. I do not get this problem when creating a minimal unity project with spine imported, but with my larger projects, this problem occurs, I can still send the minimal project for you to look at if you want me to.
x56sandmanx

Harald

Thanks for the info. We would need a project that reproduces the issue, if a minimal project does not show the problem it would not be of much help. So if possible, please send us a larger project where the issue can be reproduced.
Harald

Harri

astro75

We encountered the same issue after upgrading 3.8 -> 4.1. And I figured out what causes this long hang up when building the client. It is caused by Spine.Unity.Editor.SpineBuildProcessor.PreprocessSpinePrefabMeshes. It takes 5 - 15 minutes. I disabled code that calls it and the problem disappeared. Now the build time is back to 1 minute.

It also does not make sense for us to run that code, because we build assets into bundles. Assets are not built when building the client.
astro75

Harald

Thanks for sharing and sorry for the troubles. We are already aware of the problem as described above, but we would require a reproduction Unity project that shows this issue. If anyone could share such a projecproject with us, please send it as a zip package to contact@esotericsoftware.com, briefly mentioning this forum thread URL so that we know the context.
Harald

Harri

Return to Unity