bwg_113

Please ignore the title, I would like to be able to change the color of the attachment independent of the slot color. Is that possible?
bwg_113

Misaki

Welcome to the Spine forum!

Changing the attachment color itself is possible, but if the slot color is changed from the default opaque white, the attachment will always be affected by it. For example, if an attachment is colored red, but the slot color is opaque black, the appearance of that attachment will be black. In that sense, the attachment color cannot be changed independently of the slot color.

If this is not what you intended with your question, don’t hesitate to tell me.
Misaki

Misaki

Erika

You can change the color of the attachment in setup mode, but because of this, it cannot be animated.
As Misaki mentioned, changing both slot color and attachment color will tint the same attachment twice, so it is recommended to stick to one of the two.
Erika

Erikari

bwg_113

Thank you for your replies. I have two types of head accessories on my character. Some of have plain colors, so players can choose what colors they like - while the others have pre-defined colors that cannot be edited by the player. I wanted to know if there was a way I could keep them on the same slot and affect the color accordingly. In the end, I put them on two separate slots and I hide one of the slots depending on which accessory the player has selected. Please let me know if there might have been a better approach. Thank you.
bwg_113

Misaki

I think those attachments in the same slot would be fine depending on how it is implemented. You could create a program that saves the slot color values set by the user when switching from a color-changeable attachment to a specific color attachment, then returns the slot color to default, and then applies the saved slot color when the user wants to return to the attachment with the color they set themselves.
Misaki

Misaki

Return to Editor